Authentication access to the Whitespace Platform via SMS message can be time-consuming and is dependent on the delivery of SMS messages, which is not always reliable.
We recommend customers use an app such as Microsoft Authenticator. If you would like to switch methods, let us know and we'll take you back through the sign-up process, showing you how to select the correct options to enable authentication via the App.
Step 1: Choosing to Authenticate with the App
Please access the Platform using a web-browser for this step
- If you have been prompted to switch to use the Authenticator App, rather than SMS, you will receive the following prompt when logging into the Platform
- Click "Next":
- In the next step you will need to configure the Authenticator App on your mobile device. Click "Next" again.
Step 2: Downloading and Setting up Microsoft Authenticator
- The Microsoft Authenticator app can be downloaded from the App Store. When you first launch it, allow Notifications, then skip through the intro screens until it prompts you to "Add Work Account":
- Click on "Add work account". Your device camera will display a scanner window as follows:
- Scan the QR code using your mobile device to complete set-up, scan your browser image similar to below.
- Click Next to complete the process.
- You will receive a notification with a code on your mobile device that you will need to approve.
- Lastly you will receive a prompt for confirming approval once it has been input. Click "Next" and you will be redirected to the platform login.
Step 3: Authentication
In future you will be prompted with a notification to Approve access to the Platform, and to complete key steps in the Placement process. It will no longer be necessary to input an SMS code on your browser. You will receive a prompt similar to below with your specific code to input to your authenticator app: